Tuesday, May 17, 2016

M's Sense of Humor

Most of the time, M tells me that my jokes are stupid, but I must have hit her funny bone just right today.  We were on the porch swing after lunch, talking about going to a house to view it later and I brought up her use of vernacular.  When we are going to see a house she often uses the word "will" instead of "could" or "should". 

For example, when we're in a house, she'll say things like:

"We will put the children's room here."
"The kitchen will be replaced."
"Walls are a bad color.  We will put up wallpaper."

This tends to give real-estate agents the $$$ look in their eyes, so I asked her why she says "will" when she should say "could".  She explained to me that it is more difficult to pronounce "could" because of all the hard sounds, so she says "will" instead because there is more vowel.

"It's easier to say "will", but it costs more, too," I replied.

For some reason this was the most hilarious thing she heard all month.  I have yet to understand it and in some ways I hope I never do.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm interested in going over to Ukraine to find someone too, but I'm not sure where to start. I can't afford a tour with Dream Connections, but if I just go over there I won't know where to start. Did you meet your wife on EM or some other site first? I'd be very interested to get some advice. I asked about DC on WWS recently and got more opinions then I bargained for. Your opinion, I thought, was the most constructive.

    Sorry I didn't know how else to contact you.

    Love your blog, keep it up.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Niel.

      I'm gong to write a post response (probably today).

      Delete